About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Walailak Journal of Social Science provides an intellectual platform for academic articles, research papers, reviews and others both in Thai and English. We seek articles related to all fields of Interdisciplinary Social Science and Humanities such as Psychology, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology and Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Language and Literature, Law, Social Work and Social Welfare, Sociology, Linguistics, Fine Arts, Demography, Education and other related fields.
Peer Review Process
Articles submitted for publication must never have been previously published or currently under review at another journal. After submission, the articles will be thoroughly assessed through a blind peer review process supervised by the Editorial Team of Walailak Journal of Social Science. Once accepted, unless in time to be published in the upcoming issue, the articles will be published in the next issue in accordance with the order of submission. Authors can rest assured that every piece of the submitted articles, whether by means of online, email or mail submission, is primarily assessed in a pre-screening process overseen by the internal Editorial Team with profound credibility and expertise in the domain of issues. This preliminary process is conducted prior to appointing an external review committee to have a closer and more-focused review. Specifically for foreign-language written or intensively discipline-bound papers, two experts will be assigned to review both accuracy of the language and content.
Nevertheless, if submitted by Walailak university lecturers, the articles are exclusively restricted to an external committee’s review only. The article’s quality is assessed by a peer review committee comprised with one internal and one external reviewer and the third reviewer in case of rejection from one of the first two. Publication of book reviews and invited articles are occasionally released.
Criteria for article publication
The Editorial board is in charge of alerting any errors or format incompletions found for proper corrections to authors. Without any corrections regarding formats found, articles will immediately be forwarded to experts in the proposed topics to further assess the article’s viability and completion. The accepted social science articles are divided into four categories as described below (WJSS template 2021).
- Academic article: academic articles in general features the crux of assembled and analyzed academic contents which consist of an introduction and a body containing major, minor and other subordinate topics in a maximum of 20 pages.
- Research articles: research articles normally originate from research studies conducted individually or together with co-researchers. Research articles usually contain a rationale of the study, objectives, hypothesis, study scopes, significance of the study, related research studies or other relevant literature, methodologies, data collection and data analysis methods (research conclusions, discussions and suggestions), all of which is limited to a maximum of 25 pages.
- Literature reviews: Literature reviews are based on an extensive review of relevant academic literature consisting of an author’s constructive criticisms and opinions. Its format includes a title, an abstract, a preface, contents and references, all of which is limited to a maximum of 15 pages.
- Book review: Book reviews denote a brief summarization of certain principle debates presented in a particular book (or multiple books). It can also present weaknesses/strengths from theoretical, empirical and informative standpoints. Book reviews are intended for the books’ perspective readers. For a book review, a maximum of 5 pages is strictly required.
Reference Style and Format
References should follow the standards summarized in the APA 6th edition
See Examples of Reference Style "A guide to using the APA 6th referencing style".
Walailak Journal of Social Science publishes 6 issues annually since 2021;
- Issue 1 (January - February)
- Issue 2 (March - April)
- Issue 3 (May - June)
- Issue 4 (July - August)
- Issue 5 (September - October)
- Issue 6 (November - December)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Sources of Support
Walailak Journal of Social Science first publishes in 2007. Members of the Editorial Advisory Board are as follows;
1. Asst. Prof. Dr. Siriporn Somboonboorana, Editor-in-chief (2016-present)
2. Dr. Lertchai Sirichai, Founder of the journal (2007-2015)