About the Journal
1. To support experts, academicians, and KPI staff to publish academic papers on matters relevant to the content framework established by the institute.
2. To be a source of information for study, research, and reference on matters relevant to the content framework established by the institute.
3. To promote and disseminate academic knowledge to society on matters relevant to the content framework established by the institute for the benefit of students and the interested public.
2. Conceptual Frameworks
1. Democracy and Democratic Development
2. Good Governance
3. National Development Process
4. Public Policy and State Organizations
5. Decentralization and Local Administration
6. Civil Politics and Public Participation
7. Peace and Conflict Management
8. Development Network Building
9. ASEAN Economic Community (AEC)
These 9 areas shall be addressed as (1) issues as exist in Thailand, or (2) foreign issues relevant to the Thai context.
3. Types of Articles
1) A Research Article: presents the results of a research project conducted in accordance with academic research principles. Results shall presented in an article format that is easy to read and understand, with emphasis on the findings and recommendations.
2) An Academic Article: is a paper containing interesting information relevant the content framework, describing a problem, a solution, and a clear theoretical framework of analysis. The paper must be include references in accordance with academic standards.
3) Book Reviews or Article Reviews: These are articles that review and critique the content or value of other books or articles. A book review must provide details of the work under review, clearly identify the name of the work’s author, the year of publication, the publisher, the edition (if not first edition), and number pages.
4. Publication Conditions
1. The submitted paper must never have been published elsewhere.
2. The paper shall be of good quality, and must receive the approval of qualified scholars in the peer review process.
3. The paper must have references and a bibliography in accordance with academic principles.
4. The paper must be submitted to the editorial department at least four months before anticipated date of publication.
5. Article Reviewing
- The papers are reviewed by experts in the relevant field
- The process is a double-blind peer review
- Each paper must pass peer review by at least two experts in order for KPI to accept it for publication.
6. Publication Frequency
- Volume 1: January-April publishes contribution on May
- Volume 2: May-August publishes contribution on August
- Volume 3: September-December publishes contribution on the next January
7. Submission Fee
King Prajadhipok’s Institute (KPI) has no submission fee for reviewing journal. In addition, we have only the rights to reserve to pay contribution to our invited author for their article in the journal. The submission fee’s rate is following:
1. General author
1.1 A Research Article or An Academic Article – 6,000 bath/ 1 article
1.2 Book reviews or Article reviews -- 2,500 bath/ 1 review
2. Internals KPI’s staffs/academic
2.1 A Research Article or An Academic Article – 3,000 bath/ 1 article
2.2 Book reviews or Article reviews -- 1,250 bath/ 1 review