An academic article, slash chord, aims to explain a slash chord consisting of major triad. The focus is on displaying and explaining a relationship between slash chord and various type modes or scales thus, the notes from modes or scale can be used to match in each type of slash chord. And also explaining a method of slash chord can be substituted an original chord in a chord progression and managing a level of dissonance on slash chord which can be categorized in to 3 levels on these following 1) Consonance slash chord 2) Mildly dissonance slash chord 3) Dissonance slash chord. In composition, slash chords are widely used among modern jazz music, which help more on sound color, feeling, and expanding a sound to be more interesting, fresher and pleasant to listen to.
2. __________. “แนวคิดการอิมโพรไวส์สาหรับแจ๊สแซกโซโฟน.” วารสารดนตรีรังสิต 12, 2 (กรกฎาคม-ธันวาคม: 2558): 1-15.
3. Haerle, Dan. The Jazz Language: A Theory Text for Jazz Composition and Improvisation. Van Nuys, CA: Alfred Music, 1982.
4. Levine, Mark. The Jazz Piano Book. Petaluma, CA: Sher Music, 1989.
5. __________. The Jazz Theory Book. Petaluma, CA: Sher Music, 1995.
6. Ligon, Bert. Comprehensive Technique for Jazz Musicians. Milwaukee, WI: Hal Leonard, 1999.
Copyright (c) 2020 Rangsit Music Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.