His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s Musical Genius: A Case Study of the Arrangement of 41 Royal Compositions with Lyrics for Choir
This research paper aims to investigate the process of arranging 41 of King Bhumibol Adulyadej's royal compositions with lyrics for choir. The study employs a qualitative method in order to understand the process of arranging these royal compositions. The instruments used for information gathering in this study were interviews. The participants were selected using purposeful sampling. The interviewees were three arrangers who adapted 41 royal compositions for choir. The result showed that the arrangement needs to follow the regulations of the Bureau of the Thai Royal Household, select styles for arrangement for each piece, structure the piece, create harmonic lines, add colour to each piece, and create an introduction, instrumental section, and ending.
2. Chitralada School. The musical compositions of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand. Bangkok: Amarin Printing & Publishing Public Company Limited, 1996.
3. Laovanich, Vitchatalum, and Monsikarn Laovanich. “Transferability Process of Musical Knowledge by Ramon Lijauco Jr. in the Development of Thailand's Choral Representatives for the World Choir Games 2014: Suanplu Chorus and Chulada Choir of Chulalongkorn University Demonstration Secondary School - Case Studies.” Journal of Education Studies 45, 2 (2017): 90-108.
4. Pongphasuk, Duangporn. “Construction of Thai identity through choral performance of the Suanplu Chorus.” M.A. thesis, Chulalongkorn University, 2009.
5. Quadros, Andre de. The Cambridge companion to choral music. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2012.
6. Rasamee, Chalisa. “Choral education technique: A case study of Suanplu (Bangkok, Thailand) chorus’s contemporary music preparation for participation in the World Choir Games 2008.” M.A. thesis, Mahidol University, 2011.
7. Srikaranonda, Pathorn. Lerd Lam Kam Krong Tamnong Pandin. Bangkok: TK Park, 2006.
8. Sumawong, Warawut. History of Suntraporn band in Suntraporn day and 25 guests. Bangkok: Saksopa Publishing, 1986.
9. The Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary. The Musical Compositions of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand. 2nd Edition. Bangkok: Amarin Printing & Publishing Public Company Limited, 2016.
Copyright (c) 2020 วารสารดนตรีรังสิต (Rangsit Music Journal)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.