The Creating the Principles and Practice of Wind Band Rehearsal in Thailand’s Higher Education
Keywords:Sound Creation, Practice, Wind Band
The Research Article on “Creating the Principles and Practice of Wind Band Rehearsal in Thailand’s Higher Education” It was aimed at the creating and developing innovations derived from qualified practice procedures of wind band rehearsal in Thai higher education. The study showed that during exploring procedures of the wind band rehearsal in Thai higher education. The researcher also found innovations which could be used as performance practices. They were then developed and applied to be the practices for wind band rehearsal in Thai higher education, organized according to 4 realistic assessment factors which were sound quality, techniques, sound precision and songs’ emotions. These practices were further analyzed by applying with 3 wind bands in Thai higher education, and it was found that all of the 3 bands were ranked in the “developing level” (level 3) for their performing skills, scoring over 70%. Therefore, it could be concluded that the practices for wind band rehearsal were marked as qualified according to the research’s criteria.
2. ศักดิ์ชัย หิรัญรักษ์. “ดนตรีศึกษา: การวัดผลประเมินผลด้วยรูบริค (Rubric) ตอนที่ 1.” วารสารเพลงดนตรี 8, 2 (2545): 66-71.
3. สุคนธ์ สินธพานนท์. นวัตกรรมการเรียนการสอน เพื่อพัฒนาคุณภาพของเยาวชน. กรุงเทพฯ: เทคนิคพริ้นติ้ง. 2553.
4. Gale, Bruce. “Articulation.” Accessed February 13, 2017. https://www.theconcertband.com/index.php/band-training/articulation
5. Hill, Gary W., “Gary W. Hill: Arizona State University.” In Rehearsing the Band Volume 2, edited by John E. Williamson, 24-30. Galesville, MD: Meredith Music Publications, 2015.
6. Pasquale, John D., Hughes, Patricia D., and Arris A. Golden. “Teaching Ensemble Fundamentals within the Music: An Approach to Maximize Rehearsal Efficiency.” In Sixty-Sixth Annual Midwest Clinic, An International Band & Orchestra Conference. McCormick Place West: Chicago, December 19, 2012.
7. Pelletier, Andrew J. “Embouchure Health: Consistency Maintenance.” TBA Journal September (2002): 1-2.
8. Thornton, Paula. “Effective Rehearsal Techniques: Infusing Your Daily Rehearsals with Musical Concepts.” Accessed February 13, 2017. https://flmusiced.org/ FBA/Archives.