PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT OF CHONG ARANG COMMUNITY : CHAYA HERBAL TEA WITH ROASTED BLACK GLUTINOUS RICE AROMA

Main Article Content

ธิติยา ผจงพฤทธิ์
จุรีมาศ ดีอำมาตย์
สินีนาถ สุขทนารักษ์
เบญจางค์ อัจฉริยะโพธา
พัชรลักษณ์ วัฒนไชย
กนกวรรณ ปุณณะตระกูล
วีระศักดิ์ ศรีลารัตน์
มนัญญา คำวชิระพิทักษ์

Abstract

The objective of this research was developed Chaya Harbal Tea with roasted black glutinous rice aroma to be a guideline for production as a product of the community of Ban Khlong A Rang community, Sra-Kaew Province. The treatments were ratio of dried chaya leaves (Cnidoscolus aconitifolius ssp.aconitifolius breckon)  and roasted black glutinous rice at 100: 0, 70: 30 and 40:60, which contained 2 grams of samples in a 6.5 x 5 cm in sachet tea bag. The results showed that the tea made of 40% dried chaya tea leaves and 60% roasted black glutinous rice was the best treatment as formula 3.  The moisture content of dried chaya tea leaves was 10.36%. The color parameters of Chaya tea leaves were 42.43 (L*), 1.37 (a*) and 5.00 (b*) and its color was dark brown green color. The roasted black glutinous rice had 12.33% moisture content.  The L*, a* and b* values of the roasted black glutinous rice  ​​ were equal to 42.43, 10.33 and 5.20, respectively. Wheareas, the color of the selected Chaya herbal tea with roasted black glutinous rice aroma formula 3 were 42.40 (L*), 1.43 (a*) and 8.5 (b*).  The sensory evaluation of the brewed tea was determined using hedonic 9-point scale. The color, clarity, smell, feeling after test, overall liking  score of the formula 3 was 7.32, 7.61, 7.03, 7.00 and 7.26 respectively.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

Article Details

Section
Research Articles